Friday, July 4, 2008

It sucks being an adult because people don't tell you what to do

Actually they still do, you just don't necessarily believe they're right anymore.

Growing up eh, the only problem with it is that given absolute freedom I tend to stagnate. I mentioned loss aversion in a previous blog, which is when one is afraid of change because change always reflects some kind of loss of the way things are, and even if said changes could be for the better it always seems safer to just stick with what you've got.

I was never supposed to live in Hamilton, this place actually is a shithole. Fucking glad there are good cunts here to rock with in the weekends because otherwise there's just munters yelling homophobic insults and a scummy river.

But still I keep expecting someone with some kind of authority to come and tell me that enough's enough and I can fuck off from here, or quit my job and start writing songs again, or whatever. So I keep living the same week over and over - pop back out in the weekend to try to vaguely catch up with friends who all miss me because they're used to me being constantly unemployed and floating about.


Fuck growing up.

No comments: