Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bad guys never know they're bad.

You know how in some movies the writer fucked up by making the villain realise that they're the bad guy and go on about how evil they are etc? Basically this is NEVER believable unless its a Disney movie. Realistic bad guys always think they're in the right - the protagonist is the one fucking with their perfect plan.

Anyway, the other day it kinda struck me that maybe this is the case with me. I'm always hearing about how people think I'm really arrogant and just shrug it off to them not understanding my social phobias and not taking the time to approach me etc etc.

But lets be reasonable here, being arrogant is just a certain way of acting, and clearly I do act that way. Perhaps I expect far too much from people when really there's no two ways about it, intentional or not, I am being an asshole.

I really have to stop making stupid sarcastic jokes when I can't think of what to say. Or pretending to ignore people if I'm too shy to say hi to them, or any other number of things.

From our own perspective we are always going to be the hero, everything we do is right, or if its not - its just a mistake. But perhaps a lot more of us have to take a metaphorical step back and realise that perhaps in the grand scheme of things we are one of the villains.

Sad thing is this probably won't change me.